Program administrators are responsible for providing training to staff members working with minors in MIT programs or activities.
DOs and DON'Ts
All staff working with minors should also review the "DOs and DON'Ts" which provide tips and helpful guidance for maintaining a safe and positive environment.
The following free online training courses are offered through United Educators:
- MIT Employees should visit the United Educators EduRisk Website. MIT Students can log in here.
- New users should click on "Registration" and set up a user name and password.
- All adults who will be interacting with minors should complete the 30 minute course "Protecting Children: Identifying and Reporting Sexual Misconduct"
- Supervisors who are hiring staff or volunteers should also complete the 30 minute course "Protecting Children: Hiring Staff Who Work With Minors"
Additional online resources include:
- United Educators: Shine a Light Video
- Middlesex Children’s Advocacy Center: Mandated Reporter Training and Other Resources
Program administrators are encouraged to supplement the Institute’s training to meet the specific needs of their programs.